Camp Woodie Campers Each Summer
Camp Leopold Camper Days Each Year
Wood Duck Nest Boxes
in Scholarships Each Year
37 Years of Conservation Success
SCWA Mission – SCWA exists to enhance and perpetuate South Carolina’s wildlife heritage through education and wildlife habitat conservation.
Thanks to the dedicated efforts of over 500 volunteers and the financial support of thousands of SCWA members and Sponsors, your Association has completed the following conservation achievements over the past 37 years:
- Creation of the 1,237 acre SCWA Wildlife Education Center (WEC), the home of SCWA’s Camp Woodie program, the nation’s leading youth wildlife conservation education summer camp. The WEC is also the home of Camp Leopold, SCWA’s school year natural resource conservation camp for 3rd – 7th graders. This year 1,550 youth will attend Camp Woodie. Camp Leopold will host 11,500 on site camper days and reach over 8,000 students with in school conservation education programs. SCWA’s weekend Heritage Events will host several hundred parent child groups who will enjoy dove, duck and deer hunts, wing shooting clinics, fishing tournaments and women’s outdoor weekends. Since 1986 Conservation Education has been provided to over 125,000 youth.
- The SCWA Wildlife Education Center is the Nation’s largest wildlife education center.
- Distribution and installation of 24,300 wood duck nest boxes resulting in the production of more than 1.2 million wood ducks.
- Wetland management assistance to hundreds of public and private landowners resulting in the creation and enhancement of thousands of acres of managed wetlands.
- Production of over 195,000 songbirds.
- The addition of 75 to 100 thousand waterfowl to South Carolina’s waterfowl population on an annual basis.
- SCWA has become the Nation’s second largest state Waterfowl Association.
Although these are major accomplishments, SCWA members and supporters know we must expand our commitment to conserve and enhance South Carolina’s waterfowl and wetland resources. We need your help to pass on the legacy of our waterfowl and wildlife heritage to the next generation.
To become a member or to learn more about SCWA, call 803-452-6001 or continue browsing the website. You can learn more about our camp programs at wildlifeedcenter.org. You can visit the STORE page to purchase an SCWA membership. We greatly appreciate your interest and support.